Saturday, March, 10th, 2012 by koadmin
The final payments for current employees of the TDSB, eligible to receive a Pay Equity Adjustment will occur on the June 21, 2012 pay. Please note that this amount will be equal to the payment made on Dec 22, 2011 minus the non-taxable damages award.
View the Pay Equity Plan
The meeting was held at Monarch Park CI on November 9, 2011 to announce the Pay Equity Plan which is an Order made by Arbitrator Louisa Davie. There are three monetary settlements included in the Plan. One is a Human Rights Settlement, which is tax-free, for every PSSP member who worked at the TDSB during any or all of the years from September 1998 to August, 2010. There are two retroactive adjustments, which are taxable income, and are limited to those job classes listed in the Plan as qualifying for pay adjustments.
To Assist in Understanding the Plan:
1. Job Classes requiring a Pay Equity Adjustment: see page 14, Appendix D.
2. All retroactive pay adjustments are income; therefore, taxable and subject to union dues.
3. Entitlement Period refers to the retroactive Pay Equity adjustment for the period September 1, 1998 through August 31, 2010. This payment is $1600 for each of those years, if employed in one of the job classes referred to in #1. If you were a temporary contract employee during those years and worked over 20 consecutive days in any of those years, you are entitled to up to 90% of the $1600 for each of the years that apply (pro rated to the amount of time you worked during each year). This payment will occur in two equal payments: by December 31, 2011 and by June 30, 2012.
4. Go Forward retroactive payments will be made for the period of September 1, 2010 to March 31, 2012. This payment will be made by March 31, 2012.
5. The Human Rights award is for damages resulting from a grievance filed by the union on June 22, 2011 as a result of the union’s allegation that the Employer violated the Pay Equity Act and Human Rights Code by the lengthy delay in negotiating a Pay Equity settlement. The award is $400 tax free for each year of the Entitlement Period to a maximum of 12 years. It will be paid by December 31, 2011 to all permanent contract employees and non-permanent employees who were part of PSSP during the Entitlement Period.
6. To calculate the additional retroactive payment amount noted in #4: Look at the current Salary Grids for 2010 and 2011 (see collective agreement page 76 on PSSP website). Look at page 11, Appendix C of the Plan and subtract the current amount from the adjusted amount for each year. The difference is the amount you will be receiving.
7. The Pay Equity Adjusted Salary Grid will be in effect on your paycheques beginning with the April 1, 2012 pay period.
8. The first payments will be issued no later than December 31, 2011. Therefore, if you have not received a payment by mid-January and believe you are eligible for one, please contact the union.
9. Retired members can expect the timelines will be different for each of the payments. As noted on page 6 of Appendix E, actively employed members will be paid first and inactive members will be paid next, ….. “the Employer is to make its best efforts to meet the deadlines…” Return to this website in early 2012 for information about the expected dates of payment for members no longer actively employed with the TDSB.
10. If you are a former TDSB PSSP employee or know someone who was, please contact email@example.com to give your contact information. Your information will be forwarded to the TDSB and you can expect a response from them.